DOLLAR$ & SENSIBILITIES
Andrew “Money” Martz and “Dollar” Bill McBride discuss the numbers, concepts, and behaviors that shape your financial life.
As financial advisors, they helped thousands of individuals and businesses better their financial futures. Now they open these discussions to you, the listener, and share the many things they have learned about, of course, how to be sensible about your dollars!
79. From The Feed (Are We Ready To Say The "R" Word?)
Last week, when the latest U.S. GDP numbers were announced, talk about the dreaded R-word — recession — got a little louder. Regardless of the “are we or aren’t we” discussion, you may be feeling the pressure of economic forces. Today Andrew & Bill discuss articles published recently which will help you navigate the current economy regardless of whether you're ready to use the "R Word" or not.
Are We Ready to Start Saying the R-Word? (Bloomberg)
3 Ways the Fed’s Interest Rate Increases Affect You (Barron's)
Investors need to stay away from the herd to outperform (Financial Times)
How to Ride Out a Murky Economy (New York Times)
78. From The Feed (Markets Suck, Now Do Something About It)
Is 2022 over yet? That’s what most investors have been asking themselves. In this week’s From the Feed episode, Andrew and Bill get tough and address the MOST pressing issues facing the average Americans today and offer practical steps to address, overcome and not just survive but thrive in today’s economy.
77. The Investment Club
There are two rules in the Investment Club...let's talk about them! Today we discuss an outdated, but still viable, way to invest your money and socialize while you are doing it.
76. Bear Markets and Recessions: the Blame and the Remedy
The Blame, The Tipping Point and The Remedy. In today's episode, Bill and Andrew discuss the recent market volatility, and jumping in and out of a bear market. Whose fault is it? Where are we in the cycle? Most importantly, how do we adjust for it? Listen for answers, comment for input!
75. From The Feed (Bear Markets)
This week in From the Feed, Andrew & Bill discuss articles written about "Bear Markets" and their impact on investments, retirement & taxes.
(New York Times) Bear Markets and Recessions Happen More Often Than You Think
(Barrons) Why Retiring This Year Could Be a ‘Worst-Case’ Scenario
(The Economist) Americans are saving less than at any point since the financial crisis
(Financial Times) Time to cut your stock market losses — or not?
(Forbes) How Dangerous Is The Bear Market?
(Bloomberg) How to Use Your Losing Stock Positions to Lower Your Tax Bill
74. Trading vs Investing
Are you a Daytrader? A Scalp Trader? Or are you an Investor? Today Bill and Andrew will help you realize what you are really doing with your money and how to do better!
73. From The Feed (Crypto & NFTs)
In this week's episode of From The Feed, Andrew & Bill discuss crypto currency, NFTs and how to manage these as part of your portfolio and even your estate planning.
1. (WSJ) NFT Sales Are Flatlining
2. (Entrepreneur) Why Intellectual Property Will Dominate NFTs
3. (FT) The Crypto Shake-out Shows Boring Is Back
4. (WSJ) How More Than $1 Trillion of Crypto Vanished in Just Six Months
5. (Barrons) Estate Planning for Investors Who Hold Crypto and NFTs
72. Outrage Addiction
Are you upset about the state of affairs in the country, the world...how about just your portfolio? Today we delve into the psychological process of addiction and how we can snowball ourselves with pessimism that can pour over into every facet of our lives. Let's get happy!
71. From The Feed (Navigating The Workplace)
The workplace ecosystem has evolved considerably over the decades, both physically and socially. Modern technology like mobile phones, PCs, printers, and faxes redesigned the office environments of the ’80s, ’90s, and 2000s. This week Andrew & Bill discuss the articles which cover the evolution of the workplace into what we're calling Workplace 3.0
1. (Entrepreneur Magazine) Career Transitions You Can Make in Your 40s and 50s
2. (Entrepreneur Magazine) We Asked Entrepreneur Readers: How Do You Inspire Yourself, and Others?
3. (Entrepreneur Magazine) This is What It's Actually Like to Work a 4-Day Workweek
4. (WSJ) Why Is Your Boss Asking About Your Feelings? Inside the Empathy Management Trend
5. (Forbes) I Am Not A Robot: Restoring Humanity And Authenticity In The Workplace
READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Care to see how WIS Advisors can help with your financial strategy?
Schedule a complimentary phone call directly on our calendar!